Other notable announcements and developments today…
• Mariah Carey is no longer managed by Stella Bulochnikov. “After working together for almost three years, Mariah Carey and Stella Bulochnikov have determined that it is in their mutual best interest to part ways on day-to-day management”, they said in a joint statement. They will continue to work together on a number of business ventures, though.
• Kobalt’s wholly owned investment subsidiary Kobalt Capital has launched a second fund after closing a financing round that has raised $600 million – “$345 million of equity commitments plus debt” – led by UK pension fund RPMI Railpen. Kobalt Capital says it has made over 100 copyright investments since the launch of its original fund six years ago.
• “AI-powered music brain” Muru has added two new execs to its advisory board, former YouTube and Spotify exec Kate Vale and Vistex UK MD Amos Beigun. “We are incredibly excited”, says the company’s founder Nicc Johnson.
• To coincide with the CMA Awards, the songwriter focused ‘And The Writer Is…’ podcast is releasing five new episodes this week. The first songwriter to be interviewed is CMA Male Vocalist of the Year nominee Thomas Rhett. Also in line for a chat are country songwriters Rhett Akins, Nicolle Galyon, Ashley Gorley and Zach Crowell.
• Morrissey is well known for cancelling shows, not always for brilliant reasons. At the weekend, he pulled a US show at the last minute because the stage was too cold.